Woven Sculpture by Vanessa Calma
Only a few left in stock
Made of wild harvested grass, raffia and wool.
The Tjanpi Desert Weavers are from Irrunytju, Western Australia. They are a social enterprise of the Ngaanyatjarra Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (NPY) Women’s Council, working with women in the remote Central and Western deserts who earn an income from contemporary fibre art.
Tjanpi represents more than 400 Aboriginal women artists from 26 remote communities on the NPY lands. The NPY lands cover approximately 350,000 square kms across the tri-state border region (WA, SA, NT) of Central Australia. Tjanpi field officers regularly travel to these communities and purchase artworks from the artists, supply art materials, hold skills development workshops, and facilitate grass collecting trips.
Tjanpi also runs public weaving workshops, has a public gallery in Alice Springs, and regularly exhibits work in national galleries and commissions for public institutions and collectors.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | 2-5 business days (Free parcel post shipping on orders $99 and over), Express Post - $14.95 | 1-2 business days (Free express post shipping on orders $149 and over) (Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong