Bagaay silk scarf, Kangaroo by Thomas Avery
Only a few left in stock
This hand-printed long silk scarf was designed by Thomas Avery in collaboration with Brilliant Silk. The scarf features a kangaroo design inspired by inland Australia. All motifs are hand printed in gold and then painted in colours inspired by the Australian outback.
Thomas ‘Bagaay’ Avery is a descendant of the Gamilaroi tribe in northern NSW. His personal totem is the blue tongue lizard. Thomas’s ancestors were born at Bohena Creek Aboriginal Reserve, Narrabri. Thomas is a painter, designer and filmmaker using his unique insights to communicate his culture.
Brilliant Silk is the creator of an exclusive, wearable art range of hand-painted, hand-made, pure silk garments.
Size: 28 x 165cm
Made in Australia
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $10.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong