Easy to read and great info.
Last order dates for Christmas delivery: All of Australia (except WA and NT) Midnight Tuesday 6th of December 2022 and WA and NT Midnight Thursday 1st of December 2022
Only a few left in stock
Fully Revised & Expanded, A Travel Guide to Indigenous Australia
Marcia Langton: Welcome to Country 2nd edition is the essential follow-up to Australia’s landmark travel guide to Indigenous Australia, Welcome to Country.
In this extensively updated edition, Marcia Langton offers a full range of Indigenous-owned or -operated tourism experiences across Australia, including an expanded directory with 250 new listings, illustrated maps, and photography by Wayne Quilliam.
Australia is home to the longest continuing culture on Earth, and Welcome to Country 2nd edition highlights myriad ways to engage and deepen our knowledge and appreciation of the First peoples through travel. Everything from arts centres to tours is covered in this guide, and there are also fascinating insights into Indigenous cultures and histories, as well as etiquette for visitors.
This guide also addresses the events and issues facing Australia today, such as as Native Title, the Stolen Generations, the 2020 bushfires, the Black Lives Matter movement, and making a rightful place in the nation for the First Australians.
Welcome to Country was the first book of its kind and this updated edition, brought together by a highly respected First Nations scholar and author, is a must-have for every Australian home.
Number Of Pages: 536
Professor Marcia Langton AO is one of Australia's most important voices for Indigenous Australia. She first became an Indigenous rights activist at Queensland University in the 1970s, and since then has worked with the Central Land Council, the Cape York Land Council and for the 1989 Royal Commission into Aboriginal deaths in custody.
In more recent times, Professor Langton has become an academic and now works at Melbourne University. Professor Langton has received many accolades, including an Order of Australia, and has authored several books. In 1999 Professor Langton was one of five Indigenous leaders who were granted an audience with the Queen to discuss the proposed recognition of Indigenous Australians in the Australian Constitution. She is also a frequent guest on the ABC's Q&A show. Professor Langton has also authored many books most notably Welcome to Country: A Travel Guide to Indigenous Australia and Welcome to Country: An Introduction to our First Peoples for Young Australians.
* Orders are typically processed and dispatched within 48 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays)
* We offer a variety of domestic shipping options with Australia Post: Parcel Post - $9.95 | Free parcel post shipping on orders $129 and over, Express Post - $14.95 | Please note for delivery times please refer to Australia Post.
(Note: Welcome to Country reserves the right to revoke free express shipping on oversized items or multiple package deliveries. In this instance, we will revert to Parcel Post)
* All items shipped with tracking and insurance
* For the most current Australia Post delivery times, please check their website for updates. For the most current DHL Express delivery times, please check their website for updates.
* For Custom Orders (large volume/corporate), please contact us for a custom shipping quote
* We do not refund for change of mind purchases or incorrect size/item choice selection
* Refunds are only issued if the item is deemed damaged or faulty
* Welcome to Country is a not-for-profit marketplace
* Your purchase benefits Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and communities
* Fair licensing agreements and fair royalties paid
* Helping to keep the world’s oldest living culture strong
Easy to read and great info.
A brilliant book to learn more about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures in Australia and also where to have authentic cultural experiences as you travel around Australia.
The detail, commentary & photographs are all excellent. A beautiful book & comprehensive resource. Great addition to our library.
On all orders over $129
Benefitting Indigenous artists and communities.
Contributes to employment, economic and wellbeing outcomes.